I'm a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Looking for the best pull up bar for door models? There are so many to choose from and it can be difficult to choose. We gathered the best seven models and put them on display here for you. Now you can easily do chin ups and pull ups from home from any door. This exercise equipment is safe, effective, and easy (you know, as long as chin ups are easy for you, it’s all relative).
Read on and we’ll help you find the best chin up bar for doors. Each one is a little different, so be sure to consider your needs. We’ve also included a handy pull up bar buying guide at the bottom to help you out.
|Iron Age Pull Up Bar||Ikonfitness Pull Up Bar||Sagler Home Gym Bar|
Premium: Iron Age Pull Up Bar for Doorway
This is one of the best pullup bars for doorways as it’s built with angled grips for better workouts, the back bars swing in for better storage, and you even get bonus suspension straps for more pull up bar exercises. The foam grips have even been divided into four sections for more grip options. Take a wide shoulder-width grip or a close grip with ease.
Worried about damaging your door? The Iron Age model comes with foam surface door pads that will be gentle on your walls and door frame. This is designed to fit doors between 22.83-36.22 inches, which is nearly all of them. It holds a capacity of 400lbs, so nearly anyone should be able to get fit with this home gym chinup bar.
- Four grip positions and angled grips for more muscle activation
- Bonus suspension straps
- Folding design for easy storage
- The hooks are shorter than with some other models, but it should fit most doors
Best Value: Ikonfitness Pull Up Bar with Smart Hooks
Ikonfitness Pull Up Bar is very similar to the Iron Age model, but it’s at a better price. While you don’t get the suspension straps, you can easily turn this around and use it for push ups, tricep dips, and more. The bar folds up for convenient storage. The bar has been raised, which makes it great for taller people. You’ll also find this has enhanced smart hooks that are thicker for better stability.
This fits most doors and works with doors between 27.56-36.22 inches wide. It has a capacity of 440lbs. Your hands will remain comfortable with the soft foam handles and your door should be scuff free after use.
- Incredibly stable with the large smart hooks
- Foldable design for convenient storage
- Can also be used for push ups and dips
- Grips are somewhat too wide for some users
Affordable: Sagler Home Gym Pull Up Bar
The Sagler model is a basic pull up bar. While it may not have the most features, it comes at a great price and has all the basics covered. The grips are covered in foam and there are three different positions you can take. You can also turn it around for dips and push ups. It can fit doors up to 36 inches and should store easily in most closets.
Attaching it to the door is simple. Slide it on, make sure the bar is secure, and start working out. It couldn’t be easier.
- Soft foam grips to keep your hands comfortable
- Three different grip positions
- Use for push ups, dips, crunches, and more
- Very basic, but very affordable and has all the major features
AmazeFan Pull Up Bar with Ergonomic Grip
This pull up bar has it all and rivals our premium choice. The AmazeFan has angled, ergonomic grips that keep you comfortable while you exercise your muscles. There are numerous grip positions from close to wide and the large hooks keep the bar stable. You can fold it in for easy storage, and it fits doorways from 23.33 – 36.22 inches with a capacity of 400 pounds.
This comes with two wrist straps and a dip eyelet. You can use this to hang a punching bag from the bar. You also get buffer pads to prevent any door damage or scuffing.
- Ergonomic foam grips ensure your comfort when working out
- Includes wrist straps and dip eyelet for punching bags
- Multiple grip positions from close to wide
- Might not fit some narrow doors
Docilaso Multi-Gym Heavy Duty Chin Up Bar
Strong and durable, this pull up bar for door model is ideal for your home gym. It has angled handles along with a closer grip so that you can choose how to hold the bar. You also get a suspension strap for even more workouts. The soft foam prevents your hands from slipping or blistering.
This is made with a raised bar for taller people and it fits most door frames between 27.56” – 36.22”. The capacity is 440lbs and it should snugly fit right on your door. Like many of our other top models, this one folds for easy storage.
- Angled handles and multiple grip positions
- Comes with a suspension strap
- Very durable and strong bar
- Some customers reported problems with the strap
Iron Age Tall Pull Up Bar
Here’s Iron Age again with another great pull up bar. This one was specifically designed for taller people or those who want to dead hang. The bar was raised six inches so that it rests somewhat higher than the door frame itself. Smart hooks keep the bar in place without damaging your door.
The chin up bar folds for easy storage and you also get plastic sleeves for enhanced door protection. Along with pull ups, this can also be used for push ups, dips, and crunches.
- Made for a higher grip
- Soft foam keeps your hands safe and comfortable
- Comes with door protection sleeves
- Will leave scuffs if you don’t use the door protection sleeves
Prosource Fit Lite Pull Up Bar
Here’s another basic pull up bar if you need it. This cheap chin up bar covers all the bases and is useful if you just want a simple model for chin ups and pull ups. The foam handles are soft and there are several grip positions to choose from. You can also use this for crunches, dips, and push ups.
This can hold up to 300 pounds and fits doorways between 24-32 inches. It’s a basic unit that works great for most people.
- Foam grips are comfortable and soft
- Multiple grip positions
- Holds up to 300 pounds
- Not many special features
Top 3 Pull Up Bars
|Iron Age Pull Up Bar||Ikonfitness Pull Up Bar||Sagler Home Gym Bar|
Pull up bars are wonderful for bodyweight exercises and really bulking up your arms, back, and shoulders. We showed you the best pull up bars for doors in your home gym, so what do you think? Did you find one that you like? Let us know.
Pull Up Bar for Door Buying Guide
- Grip Position: you want several grip positions to ensure you can target all your muscles. From a wide or neutral grip to a close grip, the more the better.
- Ergonomic Grips: it’s also best if the grips are ergonomic. Your wrists will be supporting all of your weight, it’s best to keep them in a comfortable and healthy positions.
- Secure Fit: these are meant to fit on your door, so be sure that the fit is snug and secure. If it feels loose, then you may want to try another model.
- Weight Capacity: you want to ensure that the weight capacity works for your body. Most pull up bars have a capacity around 400lbs, but some are lower. Be sure to check this before purchasing the bar.
- Extra Features: some bars come with extra features like straps, attachments, folding sides, and more. Be sure to consider these because one bar might be much more versatile than another.