I'm a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Ab wheels are great for getting that washboard stomach you’ve been dreaming of (or maintaining it if you already have a six pack). All ab wheels might look the same, but don’t be fooled. Each one has slight differences that can change how well they impact and tone your muscles. Today we’ll help you find the best ab wheel by comparing three top brands: Fitnessery vs Perfect Fitness vs Vinsguir.
All three are great, but which is the best ab roller for you? Read on and you’ll find out.
Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Pro Roller
The Perfect Fitness ab wheel is an ultra wide roller with some unique features. The wide build provides better stabilization for deep ab workouts and hides a network of carbon springs that increase resistance for stronger muscles and improved ab targeting. The wide tread makes it easier to carve left or right for oblique workouts as well.
Many ab rollers have straight handles that aren’t comfortable, but the Perfect Fitness ab roller has ergonomic handles that feel great in your hand and are angled for better core and arm fitness. Remove the handles when you’re finished for better storage and transportation.
Worried about hurting your knees? This is one of the best ab rollers because it comes with a high density foam knee pad that will keep your knees comfortable as you shred your abs. You also get a 21-day workout plan to take you from beginner to advanced in no time.
- Ultra wide wheel for more resistance and stabilization
- Foam knee pad protects your knees as you exercise
- Treading improves stability when moving left or right
- The knee pads could be larger
Fitnessery Ab Roller for Home Gym
If you want to burn calories, build a six pack, and have stronger ab muscles than ever, then the Fitnessery Ab Wheel can boost your core workout to new heights. This ab roller is made from quality materials to ensure it’s strong, durable, and will last a long time. The wheel is made from PVC and non-slip rubber while the spokes are crafted from stainless steel. The handles are a comfy EVA padding that feels nice in your hands.
You also get three bonuses with the Fitnessery Ab Roller. You get a comfortable knee pad, nutrition guide, and workout guide. This ensures you know what to eat and how to most effectively use the ab wheel, plus your knees will be safe even after long workouts.
- Quality materials like stainless steel, PVC, and non-slip rubber
- Three bonus gifts: knee pad, nutrition guide, workout guide
- Comfortable EVA handles
- Handle grips sometimes slide, but can be pushed back into place
Vinsguir Ab Roller
The Vinsguir Ab Wheel is the newest brand on this list, but their model is so effective it’s quickly gaining popularity. This uses a unique double-wheel design that improves stability and gives you a better core workout. The wheel won’t wobble as you use it, and it’s simple to go left, right, or center depending on what muscles you are targeting. Plus, the design has some built-in resistance to work your abs even harder.
This compact ab roller is simple to put together or take apart for easy storage. Simply slide the stainless steel rod through the core roller, slide the EVA grips into place, and get ready to blast your core. It’s simple and only takes seconds. This is also the best ab wheel in terms of maximum weight as it can safely support 440 pounds, which is much higher than any other model on this list.
With its combination of unique design, unsurpassed stability, comfortable hand grips, and high maximum weight, this is definitely one of the best ab rollers you can find. You also get an included knee pad to keep your knees safe.
- Double-wheel design for improved stability
- High maximum weight of 440 pounds
- Simple to take apart and put back together
- The included knee pad sometimes slides around
What is the Best Ab Roller?
It all depends on what you’re looking for. In terms of Perfect Fitness vs Fitnessery, the Perfect Fitness model is wider and more stable. In terms Perfect Fitness vs Vinguir, these are both wide ab rollers, but Perfect Fitness is somewhat wider and has better knee pads. For all three, Perfect Fitness has the best ab wheel handles.
If we’re looking at Fitnessery vs Perfect Fitness, then Fitnessery is easier to store and comes with a nutrition guide. In terms of Fitnessery vs Vinsguir, the Fitnessery ab roller has a deeper tread that gives it a lower tendency of sliding.
Lastly, we look at Vinsguir. In terms of Vinsguir vs Perfect Fitness, Vinsguir is easier to put together and supports a much higher maximum weight. With Vinsguir vs Fitnessery, Vinsguir is more stable with the two-wheel design and also supports a higher maximum weight.
So, which ab roller is best? All three have different pros and cons. The Perfect Fitness ab wheel has the best handles and widest design for best stability. The Fitnessery ab wheel is the most compact ab roller here and has a deep tread. The Vinsguir ab roller has a two-wheel design, high maximum weight, and comfortable handles.
Ab Roller Buyer’s Guide
Curious about what to look for when buying an ab wheel? We’ve got all the most important factors right here.
- Stability: you want a roller that won’t wobble as you use it. Wider rollers tend to be more stable by nature, but a wheel with a deeper tread or contoured material is better for hard floors and surfaces.
- Hand Grips: you’ll be putting a lot of pressure on your hands when ab rolling, so you want good hand grips. Soft grips and/or ergonomic ones are best. Your hands should be comfortable the whole time.
- Extras: many core wheels come with extras like workout plans, nutrition plans, knee pads, and more. While extras shouldn’t be the main thing you look for, this can separate two similar rollers and tell you which is best.
- Maximum Weight: consider how much weight the core roller can support. You don’t want to exceed the maximum weight as the roller might break or not work properly. Keep this in mind when buying this or any other exercise equipment.
- Resistance: if you want a truly effective core workout, then you should a model with built-in resistance. This makes it a little harder, but it also makes your workout far more effective.
Ab Roller FAQ
How Effective is Ab Roller?
An ab roller is far more effective than crunches, situps, and many other core exercises. Plus, it puts less strain on your back. What muscles does ab wheel work? Along with your core and obliques, this also works your arms, chest, and some parts of your back.
How to do Ab Roller?
Some people also ask, how to do ab wheel? It’s simple. Start on your hands and knees with the ab roller in front of you. Roll forward, as far as you can, and hold the position for 2-3 seconds. Then, roll back. Do this as many times as you can and feel your abs get stronger than ever.
Is Ab Roller Effective?
An ab wheel is incredibly effective at working your abs, obliques, and many other muscles. If you’re looking for an intense core workout, then a core roller is essential.
How Does Ab Roller Work?
This is similar to a plank, but the extra movement allows your muscles to contract more naturally. Your core will fight to keep your body stable, which will work them effectively and safely. After just one rep you’ll see how effective these are.
How to Use Ab Roller for Beginners?
Beginner ab roller exercises are simple. All ab roller exercises involve moving the roller as far forward as you can. As a beginner, focus on getting your body to a 45 degree angle with the floor. If this is too easy, then go deeper. If it’s too much, then try a little less and let your core muscles build up.